Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   video games (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=116913)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.03.2020 10:48 PM

i've been pouring my heart into learning Tekken combos lately

anything to fight off the daunting nature of reality

would probably be spent memorizing something more useful

but I'll whoop your ballsack with my Paul Phoenix demo man son

Diesel 09.04.2020 07:47 AM

^Memories of A4 paper with the 10 hit combos of Tekken 2 characters written down...

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
The Last of Us 1 Multiplayer is my drug of choice. I play it everyday if I can.

The rare example of an online shooter that emphasises patience over quick reaction speed. There's no getting owned by kids high on energy drink there i.e. cod warzone. uff

I've been playing Stranded Deep to relax. However, when searching sunken shipwrecks at night it set off some dormant deep routed thalassophobia I was only partially aware of, probably via denial. Couldn't wait to finish it, twas a truly horrific experience. I highly recommend.

EVOLghost 09.04.2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
i've been pouring my heart into learning Tekken combos lately

anything to fight off the daunting nature of reality

would probably be spent memorizing something more useful

but I'll whoop your ballsack with my Paul Phoenix demo man son

ayyyyyyeee

see me in tekken 3 bruh

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.04.2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
ayyyyyyeee

see me in tekken 3 bruh

lmao, its a date

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.04.2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
^Memories of A4 paper with the 10 hit combos of Tekken 2 characters written down...

The problems with the longer combos is that they can be very difficult to pull off mid-fight and if you whiff dear lord do these fuckers online know how to punish you in response

_slavo_ 09.05.2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

The rare example of an online shooter that emphasises patience over quick reaction speed. There's no getting owned by kids high on energy drink there i.e. cod warzone. uff

to a high extent, yes
but in TLOU it's also not uncommon to encounter players so hyped up you have the feeling they must operate a time-bending machine
but it's an exception

that's also the reason, why me, approaching 40 very soon, can still do quite well in this game

Diesel 09.05.2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
The problems with the longer combos is that they can be very difficult to pull off mid-fight and if you whiff dear lord do these fuckers online know how to punish you in response

Mortal kombat 9; I couldn't even pull off a combo in the practice area against an ai that doesn't move. I did try online and needless to say it didn't end well.

Anyway, any purest will tell you that combos ruined fighting games and the pinnacle of street fighter 2 will never be topped. Nothing to do with me being shit.

Diesel 09.05.2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

to a high extent, yes
but in TLOU it's also not uncommon to encounter players so hyped up you have the feeling they must operate a time-bending machine
but it's an exception

that's also the reason, why me, approaching 40 very soon, can still do quite well in this game

In my experience if one team is using mics to call out player positions and a spotting loadout then it tends to be a one-sided rinse. The best counter perk was the anti-hearing one which nullifies the ridiculous wall hacking x-ray vision.

It seems the factions sequel release is still a long way off.

_slavo_ 09.05.2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

In my experience if one team is using mics to call out player positions and a spotting loadout then it tends to be a one-sided rinse. The best counter perk was the anti-hearing one which nullifies the ridiculous wall hacking x-ray vision.

yeah, covert training 2 or 3, I know what you're talking about

EVOLghost 09.05.2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Mortal kombat 9; I couldn't even pull off a combo in the practice area against an ai that doesn't move. I did try online and needless to say it didn't end well.

Anyway, any purest will tell you that combos ruined fighting games and the pinnacle of street fighter 2 will never be topped. Nothing to do with me being shit.

that's why I don't play anything after SF3. My memory is too shit to remember long ass combos..

EVOLghost 09.08.2020 11:32 AM

I was watching some old tournament matches.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulFuriousSoybeanChefFrank?tt_content=url&tt_m edium=clips_api
really proud of this one. I'm the Elena, the chick in the skimpy outfit.

Diesel 09.09.2020 07:12 AM

^The visuals look more blocky than SFII?! I'm probably wearing rose tinted nostalgia spectacles.

Inspired by you nutters I attempted to give Street Fighter 5 a go yesterday as it's free on the store. I was instantly left dazed and confused by the flashing lights and talk show-esque hyper presentation. I completed the training and then turned it off before my brain exploded and any punch was thrown in anger.

EVOLghost 09.09.2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

^The visuals look more blocky than SFII?! I'm probably wearing rose tinted nostalgia spectacles.

Inspired by you nutters I attempted to give Street Fighter 5 a go yesterday as it's free on the store. I was instantly left dazed and confused by the flashing lights and talk show-esque hyper presentation. I completed the training and then turned it off before my brain exploded and any punch was thrown in anger.

it appears blocky because of the resolution. That shit is 1080p. If we added scanlines, that might help, but it's a direct feed from the cab.

compare that to this
https://youtu.be/ugLA61NQuqg

If I'm not mistaken, this Sf2 tournament was run on a consolized CPS2 board which can only do like 480p? So I think that might be a factor other than nostalgia ;)

SFV is bad imo. Appeals to a more general player base. While they reduced the input lag, it's still higher than older fighters and gameplay revolves around a delay based netcode and revenge meter....which therefor make setplay the most important strategy rather than a mix of setplay and solid reactions and confirmations. Oh yeah...and how can I forget, COOL COMBOS!

EVOLghost 09.23.2020 01:38 PM

Tekken 7 because Dr. Eugene.

and I decided to start RE3 Remake last night. Wow. This is a damn awesome game. So much fun. I'm probably gonna try n binge on it a bit more tonight. Also, I was having a bit of an issue getting my PS4 controller to work, so I decided to just go with keyboard/mouse. and damn....not gonna lie, this is pretty damn awesome when it comes to aiming the gun. I've never really played shooting games on PC, but I'm loving this not gonna lie. After this, I'll probably go straight to RE2 Remake and finish Claire's story. Yeah.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.24.2020 07:47 PM

Tekken 7 is chill

EVOLghost 01.22.2021 04:03 PM

haven't shared in a minute..lol. Still rockin' these two bad boys. those boxes int he middle are more arcade games(original hardware only bois). But latest additions include 1 player panels and be centered when playing as well as a neater look. I also recently changed buttons and sticks while I clean and refurbish the previous hardware. Also went with the classic pink/green buttons/stick for the 'original look/feel'. Next round of colors will be purple and orange to match the color palette of the cab's design.

_slavo_ 01.26.2021 08:18 AM

I bought Yakuza 0 for PS4 recently. Great game. I played 3 hours straight, then turned off the console, to return to it the day after.
I did that and to my great surprise I found out that there is NO FUCKING SAVED GAME.
So now I need to start all over again.

Diesel 01.26.2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

I bought Yakuza 0 for PS4 recently. Great game. I played 3 hours straight, then turned off the console, to return to it the day after.
I did that and to my great surprise I found out that there is NO FUCKING SAVED GAME.
So now I need to start all over again.

Oof! That's rough Slavo. Since when has autosave not been a feature, 90's?! Talking of wasted time, I picked up Yakuza Kiwami free from the store after a weeaboo friend recommended the series but I had to quit halfway through after finding out it is a sequel to Yakuza 0. The game itself was all right, quirky weirdness, conversations were a bit drawn out mind, and what I mean by a bit, I mean extortionately too bloody long.

choc e-Claire 01.27.2021 05:14 AM

Indie first person shooter, fairly short (a few two-hour sessions should do it, less if you're better than I am) and light on story but has an extremely innovative and cool gameplay mechanic (trust me, you haven't seen anything like it). Tons of fun.

demonrail666 01.27.2021 12:39 PM

I downloaded Eve Online. Watched a tutorial on youtube. Watched another tutorial on youtube explaining the 1st one. Finally felt ready to play in tutorial mode. Now I can switch one of the engines on (I think)