Thread: video games
View Single Post
Old 12.01.2018, 04:34 PM   #135
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I think the premise is it's a thought experiment.

Say you have a hyperintelligent AI that you've told to make paperclips. The issue is that it will go to all extremes - starting investments, exploring the universe, destroying humanity - in order to fulfil its paperclip-making goal.
it's a little more than that for me in that it mirrors (or simulates) aggregating levels of informatic organization (e.g. life)

think of how information accretes in molecules, then cells, then organisms, groups, species... that go on to build culture, etc

in this sense it's a bit like SPORE, if you ever played it. except at the end of spore it gets so fucking boring and repetitive once you reach galaxy level...

this you're right it's in the shape of an AI... oh now you spoiled it w/ the destruction of humanity haaa haa haaa. damn. i must avert my eyes now.

anyway i unleashed the drones on the ipad and then decided to restart in a desktop browser. which is where i am now lolol.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|