Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page video games
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.01.2018, 04:58 PM   #141
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah...it's easier on PC I'd assume. Just dedicate a window and do whatever else ya want.....I played this while waiting for matches on Street Fighter loll....
ha ha ha yep on the pc but i just wanted to get to the next level faster

at the exponential rate of increased requirements for +1 i figured it was quicker to begin again

curious to explore the solar farm stage

--

on the ipad (browser not app) the tab also runs independently btw

they say it's not designed for it but it runs...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2018, 05:50 AM   #142
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Between Cowboy Simulator 2.0 and Xcom Zwei: War of the Big Alien Brain Minds, I have little time for any other game.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2018, 11:21 AM   #143
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I once lined up 10 shots on a bar. Sank them but I missed the last two. That's x-com baby!
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2018, 07:24 AM   #144
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Learning the ropes of Age of Empires 2...

Me thinks I'm about to be hooked. Oh lord, what have I done?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2018, 04:42 PM   #145
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Between Cowboy Simulator 2.0 and Xcom Zwei: War of the Big Alien Brain Minds, I have little time for any other game.

Ahhh, some of my best gaming memories are from the first Microprose UFO: enemy unknown (X-COM: UFO Defense for our american friends) game.

Once, during a terror mission a fire and a granade destroyed a portion of building where the damn last Sectoid was hidden, and due to the smoke and fire all my soldiers were intoxicated and/or panicked and couldn't move and were losing health. During the last available turn before their demise I decided to risk it all: with one of the soldiers I primed a grenade and set the timer for 3 roundss. Then I threw it on the same tile another one of my soldier was. That second soldier picked it up, threw it to a third one and that last one freaking threw it towards the roof of the building, and blew it up and I won.

Also, UFO caused one of my worst (but hilarious) vg experiences: I always managed to keep alive the same bunch of soldiers from the start, and I kinda grew attached to them. Their time units grew and grew, and they were a force to be reckoned with. Then, after reaching the end of the TU bar around 240points, my favorite man, Yuzo Akira, HAD HIS DAMN TU VALUE RESET TO like 5 BECAUSE AFTER THE END OF THE BAR THE FU*KIG GAME WENT OVER FROM ZERO. My most mobile and killer soldier got crippled.

I didn't want to abandon him, so from that moment on I started training him in psychic warfare. It became a sort of super savant cripple, almost never exiting the skyranger and forcing almost every damn alien spotted by his teammates to drop their weapons with mind control.

I'm sure there's something positive to learn from this story.
Like, I'm positive I had way too much free time back then.

Thanks for listening.
See ya.

edit: from UFOpaedia : "Older versions of "X-COM did not have a cap and stats could reach 255 and then wrap back to 0. This could potentially cripple an otherwise good soldier
I wish i had internet back then.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2018, 04:48 PM   #146
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
With some of the price drops over the last few weeks, I picked up Hitman 2 and Battlefield V. Actually enjoying both quite a bit. It's been forever since I have played a Hitman game, and the series has come a pretty long way from what I remember. While getting those, I also picked up a used copy of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which I am really looking forward to finally playing.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2018, 09:26 PM   #147
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Ahhh, some of my best gaming memories are from the first Microprose UFO: enemy unknown (X-COM: UFO Defense for our american friends) game.

Once, during a terror mission a fire and a granade destroyed a portion of building where the damn last Sectoid was hidden, and due to the smoke and fire all my soldiers were intoxicated and/or panicked and couldn't move and were losing health. During the last available turn before their demise I decided to risk it all: with one of the soldiers I primed a grenade and set the timer for 3 roundss. Then I threw it on the same tile another one of my soldier was. That second soldier picked it up, threw it to a third one and that last one freaking threw it towards the roof of the building, and blew it up and I won.

is this AI?

woah...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2018, 09:27 PM   #148
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
With some of the price drops over the last few weeks, I picked up Hitman 2 and Battlefield V. Actually enjoying both quite a bit. It's been forever since I have played a Hitman game, and the series has come a pretty long way from what I remember. While getting those, I also picked up a used copy of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which I am really looking forward to finally playing.

just got a switch a little while ago. gonna probably pick that up...but I'm cheap so I'm probably gonna just try to find it on the low...
Old 12.11.2018, 09:32 PM   #149
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Currently replaying Octodad: Dadliest Catch. It's good nonsense.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2018, 02:51 AM   #150
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
That’s a great story Nic. The same level of tension has been kept in the newest iteration, but with better graphics. I believe the old xcom didn’t allow you to savescum, which made it like the current version’s Ironman Mode. I don’t think that I have the patience for losing my best team to flanking sectoids...just yet.
Old 12.12.2018, 07:40 AM   #151
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
is this AI?

woah...

Nope, it was all my initiative. The player controls every soldiers’ action (unless they’re panicked or mind controlled ), so I settled for the hot potato strategy as last resort. That damn alien on the roof deserved to go boom.
Old 12.12.2018, 07:57 AM   #152
nicfit
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
That’s a great story Nic. The same level of tension has been kept in the newest iteration, but with better graphics. I believe the old xcom didn’t allow you to savescum, which made it like the current version’s Ironman Mode. I don’t think that I have the patience for losing my best team to flanking sectoids...just yet.

I had to google savescum, ahahah, back in the days I wasn’t computer-savvy enough to do that anyway, I guess...

I played the first “new” xcom game a while ago and liked it quite a lot, it was pretty good. Gonna start playing the second one during the holidays, most likely.
Old 12.12.2018, 08:02 AM   #153
nicfit
invito al cielo

Oh, did any of you guys play Silent Storm? That’s another “old” turn based startegy game with some almost gdr-esque skills’ evolution implemented and semi-realisric physics. It surprised me a lot on many levels back then. I just found it on steam, I might go for another playthrough sooner or later.

Loved my bald headed deadly female russian sniper.

Oh and Space Hulk Tactics too, loved the original space hulk. Talking about tense games.
Old 12.12.2018, 11:26 AM   #154
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Oh, did any of you guys play Silent Storm? That’s another “old” turn based startegy game with some almost gdr-esque skills’ evolution implemented and semi-realisric physics. It surprised me a lot on many levels back then. I just found it on steam, I might go for another playthrough sooner or later.

Loved my bald headed deadly female russian sniper.

Oh and Space Hulk Tactics too, loved the original space hulk. Talking about tense games.

I didn't hear about Silent Storm but maybe you could know Xenonauts, Nic, do you?
If you don't, go get it - it's basically UFO: Enemy Unknown, but with a modern twist.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2018, 01:43 PM   #155
nicfit
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I didn't hear about Silent Storm but maybe you could know Xenonauts, Nic, do you?
If you don't, go get it - it's basically UFO: Enemy Unknown, but with a modern twist.

I remember reading about Xenonauts back when I wanted to play (re-play) the original xcom, but then I went for the "modern" reboot.

I might give it a go when I'm done with xcom 2, me likey retro style in good games.
Old 12.12.2018, 02:56 PM   #156
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

If you are going to play the new Xcom, and you really really should, be sure to buy it bundled with the expansion. The expansion adds a much greater depth to the game, but the campaign is pretty much the same.

Dooo it.
Old 12.12.2018, 09:17 PM   #157
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha yep on the pc but i just wanted to get to the next level faster

at the exponential rate of increased requirements for +1 i figured it was quicker to begin again

curious to explore the solar farm stage

--

on the ipad (browser not app) the tab also runs independently btw

they say it's not designed for it but it runs...

have you made septendecillion paperclips yet?
Old 12.12.2018, 09:29 PM   #158
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
have you made septendecillion paperclips yet?

Heh, I've decided to have a go at the game on my laptop, which means that my progress gets saved!

Unfortunately I have to keep going to it, but good thing is I've got nothing better to do.
Old 12.13.2018, 04:54 PM   #159
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Turns out I've fucked up by not giving myself enough processors, so I'm waiting to get to 100,000 creativity so I can rebalance it.
Old 12.13.2018, 05:05 PM   #160
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Turns out I've fucked up by not giving myself enough processors, so I'm waiting to get to 100,000 creativity so I can rebalance it.

I Fucked up with that too hahaha. Took forever.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth